Homemade Ice cream Sandwiches




If you follow me on IG (Instagram) you know that I made Ice Cream sandwiches last week. RJ said it would be his dream come true if someone could make the cookie. So off I go trying to find the recipe, and what do you know, I found it!They were much easier to make than I imagined and only a few ingredients. So if you're an ice cream sandwich fiend like my husband this is worth trying.




Wax Paper
Rolling Pin
Cookie sheet

3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups  all purpose flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix the butter, sugar, and the vanilla extract in a mixing bowl or blender for about 3min. Mix in the egg and beat for 3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until you get a dark dough.

Pat the dough out on a piece of wax paper. Then cover it with another piece of wax paper on top (so it won't stick to your rolling pin) and roll it until desired thickness.

Take off the top wax paper and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter, I did horses but most people do the traditional square. Do not try to lift the shapes.

Put the entire thing with the wax paper on a cookie sheet and stick it in the freezer until it is firm (about 1.5 hours).
Once firm, very carefully transfer the shapes to a lined cookie sheet.

Set the oven to 325°F and bake for 5min.

Let it sit on the cookie sheet for about 10 min to get firm. Then remove and let cool completely before serving.
*You can also try this recipe with all brown sugar, just depends on  what you want. You can play around with it to change the taste.


Next I'm going to attempt to make Twinkies (even thought they're disgusting). Follow me on Instagram for updates. Name: daisygirlproductions

Leave a Comment

Spanish Pinay said...

A must-try! My little one will love this as she loves horses and ice cream :-D That can be a good idea for a kids's birthday party!

Spanish Pinay

Bri Buzali said...

I'm going to have to make these this summer!

Karla said...

How cute are you.. Betty Crocker!! My husband Loves ice cream cookies so this is something I deff have to try!!

jeands said...

OH MY, this makes me starve! Not really a good thing because it's 1:00 am down here in my neck of the woods. tsk... tsk... tsk... I'm bookmarking this post for future use. :) :) thank you for sharing.

Hanna said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog!! Yours is absolutely adorable. LOVE IT!!!!! new follower! have a great day! xooxxoxo Hanna

from head 2 toe said...

How cute are you?!? I love that used a non-traditional cookie cutter for them. I will have to try this out this summer! :)

Lindsay said...

Definitely going to have to try these! I love ice cream sandwiches!

Allison said...

Oh la la. These look amazing! I will have to give them a try!

Jill said...

Those look so yummy!!! I love your cute timer:)
May have to try these with the kids this summer!

Unknown said...

How cute! =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment! =)

Mandy Crandell said...

Those are so super cute!!!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Allyson McGuire said...

Oh these look so good!

Chelsea said...

First, thank you for the sweet comment left over on my blog. Second, this is arguably the coolest thing I've seen all week! So great!

Krista Lynn said...

Yum!! This looks like the perfect snack right about now!

Krista

Deidre said...

They look amazing!

Val said...

These are so fun!!

Marli said...

Oh my gooodness! Those look so delish!!

Loving your blog...just found it. :)

xo
purposelyathome.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Those look so good!

I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and would love if you could check it out :)

" "